Sushang is a Cloud Knight on board the Xianzhou Luofu in Honkai Star Rail, but she’s also an overlooked character. So, if you’re wondering if it’s worth it to add her to your team, here’s how to build her with the best Light Cone, Relics, and more.
Honkai Star Rail continues to add characters with every new update, but HoYoverse’s RPG also boosts the chances to get some of the less popular characters in the game as well. After Blade’s debut, many players are eager to try Kafka in action once again. However, while they wait, they might pull Sushang, a character from the Xianzhou Luofu storyline.
- Sushang’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Relics for Sushang in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Sushang
- Best Light Cone for Sushang in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Sushang
Sushang is an amateur Cloud Knight on board the Xianzhou Luofu.
Sushang’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Sushang is a four-star Honkai Star Rail Physical element character in the Path of The Hunt, which means she plays the role of main DPS, dealing focused damage on single targets. She’s currently boosted in the first phase of update 1.2 in Blade’s banner.
Here are all of Sushang’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail:
- Cloudfencer Art: Starshine (Basic attack) – Deals Physical DMG to a single enemy.
- Cloudfencer Art: Mountainfall (Skill) – Deals Physical DMG to a single enemy. Additionally, there is a 33% chance to trigger Sword Stance on the final hit, dealing more Physical DMG. If the enemy is inflicted with Weakness Break, Sword Stance is guaranteed to trigger.
- Shape of Taixu: Dawn Herald (Ultimate) – Deals Physical DMG to a single enemy target, and she immediately takes action again. Additionally, Sushang’s ATK increases, and using her Skill has extra chances to trigger Sword Stance for two turns. When Sword Stance is triggered from these extra chances, it deals half of the original damage.
- Dancing Blade (Talent) – When an enemy has their Weakness Broken on the field, Sushang’s SPD increases for two turns.
- Cloudfencer Art: Warcry (Technique) – Immediately attacks the enemy. Upon entering battle, Sushang deals Physical DMG to all enemies.
With most characters in the Path of The Hunt, your priority should be to improve the damage they can make. You can do that by focusing your efforts on Sushang’s ATK, CRIT Rate, and CRIT DMG. Based on her abilities, improving her Break Effect and Effect Hit Rate can also make a difference in battle, so keep that in mind.
Since Sushang’s SPD is one of her best stats, you should also keep an eye on it. Improving it might make her participate in battles earlier and more often, giving opponents very little room to challenge her.
Best Relics for Sushang in Honkai Star Rail
Champion of Streetwise Boxing
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Physical DMG by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: After the wearer attacks or is hit, their ATK increases by 5% for the rest of the battle. This effect can stack up to five times.
While this is not an easy-to-get Relic Set, it is the best you can do for a Physical element character in Honkai Star Rail. With a two-piece set, Champion of Streetwise Boxing can improve Sushang’s Physical DMG. With the full set, she can get more powerful with every movement, which is ideal for characters dedicated to dealing damage.
Thief of Shooting Meteor
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Break Effect by 16%.
- Four-piece bonus: Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on an enemy, regenerates 3 Energy.
The Thief of Shooting Meteor Relic set is fairly easy to get in Honkai Star Rail and can also work very well with Sushang. Increasing her Break Effect will give her more chances to inflict Weakness Break on enemies. Considering her abilities, this can work like magic in battle, making her relentless.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- Two-piece bonus: ATK increases by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat is the easiest Relic set to get in the game, and it’s all about making more damage as well. It works well with any character in need of a little boost but is especially good for DPS characters like Sushang.
Sushang specializes in single-target damage.
Best Planar Ornament for Sushang
Space Sealing Station is the go-to Planar Ornament for DPS characters in Honkai Star Rail. It increases Sushang’s ATK by 12%, and when her SPD reaches 120 or higher, it increases it by another 12%.
If you want to make things a little more interesting, Talia: Kingdom of Banditry is another great option for Sushang. It increases her Break Effect by 16%, and when her SPD reaches 145 or higher, it increases it by an extra 20%. As we mentioned earlier, this could work very well, considering Sushang’s abilities.
Celestial Differentiator focuses on CRIT Rate and CRIT DMG, meaning it’s another good option for Sushang. It increases her CRIT DMG by 16% for starters. And when her current CRIT DMG reaches 120% or higher, after entering battle, her CRIT Rate increases by 60% until the end of their first attack.
Inert Salsotto and Rutilant Arena can also make Sushang a force to be reckoned with if you don’t have access to the Planar Ornaments we mentioned above.
Best Light Cone for Sushang in Honkai Star Rail
In the Night
Seele’s signature Light Cone is the best option for Honkai Star Rail DPS characters. It increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by up to 30%, which is great for Sushang. Additionally, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, the DMG of her Basic ATK and Skill, and the CRIT DMG of her Ultimate are also increases. What’s more, this powerful effect can stack up to 6 times.
Sleep Like the Dead
This Light Cone can improve Sushang’s capabilities in battle to give her more tools to deal with enemies. Sleep Like the Dead increases Sushang’s CRIT DMG by up to 50%. If she doesn’t land a CRIT Hit with her Basic ATK or Skill, it increases her CRIT Rate for one turn. The downside is that this effect can be only triggered one time every three turns.
Subscribe for More!
This is one of Sushang’s Light Cones in Honkai Star Rail and it might be more accessible than the other two. It increases the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill. What’s more, this effect increases by an extra amount when the wearer’s current Energy reaches its max level.
Sushang can deal a lot of damage with the right build.
Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Sushang
As a character in the Path of The Hunt in Honkai Star Rail, Sushang should be the main DPS in your team. From there, you should try to complete your formation with a healer and a support character. Last but not least, you can round up your team with either another support or a sub-DPS that can also deal damage alongside Sushang.
If you’re only picking one support character, Bronya can help you a great deal by improving Sushang’s ATK and giving her more chances to attack. Tingyun is a good alternative for this role, although some players like to have both support characters in their teams. As an alternative, you can add Silver Wolf to debuff and weaken enemies for Sushang to finish off.
Since there aren’t too many healers to choose from, either Luocha or Bailu can work great for your team. Natasha is the only free-to-play healer in the game, but it’s always best to have a balanced team with characters from different elements.
For more Honkai Star Rail content, you can check out some of our other guides:
Honkai Star Rail Out of Reach quest guide | Best Clara Honkai Star Rail build | Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest guide | All Honkai Star Rail Administrative District Treasure Chest locations | Honkai Star Rail PC and mobile requirements | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Honkai Star Rail 2023 player count | How to reroll in Honkai Star Rail | Best Welt Honkai Star Rail build