Post thumbnail

With the 2nd year anniversary celebration of Pokemon Unite, Mewtwo has made its debut in the Pokemon MOBA. Here’s a guide on how to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Unite with directions to tackle the Crystal Cave Challenge event, its abilities, and available Mega Evolution.

The Pokemon Unite 2nd year anniversary celebration event titled Mewtwo X: Crystal Cave Challenge is a lot trickier than it seems at first.

So, in order to ease the path for you to get your hands on that Mewtwo X Free License, here’s a detailed guide on all you need to know about the event, Mewtwo, and its abilities.

Pokemon Unite Crystal Cave Challenge dates

The Pokemon Unite Mewtwo Crystal Cave Challenge event is available in both Pokemon Unite mobile and Nintendo Switch versions. The event will start on July 21, 2023, and end on August 16, 2023. You will have more or less 25 days to tackle this event and collect all the rewards.

For the moment, Mewtwo is only available in its Mega Mewtwo X form. Pokemon Unite has plans to add Mega Mewtwo Y to the game later on in August.

How to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Unite

To get Mewtwo in Pokemon Unite, players must first participate in the Crystal Cave Challenge and obtain Event Coins, which can be exchanged for a free Mewtwo X License.

Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide to the Crystal Cave Challenge and how to obtain the Event Coins needed to purchase the License.

Pokemon Unite Mewtwo Crystal Cave Challenge guide

All players can participate in the Mewtwo Crystal Cave Challenge event. Each day, you will have a free chance to roll a die and advance through the game board and collect Event Coins. But there are a few things you should know before you start that can accelerate the process considerably.

Step 1: Get those Dice rolling

As you roll the dice, you want to try to aim for a high result. It is a 6-face die, and the higher you roll, the closer you are to the finish line. Keep in mind that each time you land on certain slots, you will have to face certain missions in order for you to roll again.

  • You get 1 free die roll each day. Upon login, players get one free roll.
  • You can re-roll your die once for each die you have. And keep the second result.
  • You can get additional rolls using in-game currency.
  • You can get additional rolls playing the new game mode: Panic Parade.

Playing the Panic Parade event mode will yield Event Points. Players can exchange those points for a total of 7 extra dice rolls.

Crystal Cave Challenge Board Game
Tencent/The Pokemon Company

The Better the Roll, the faster you will reach the ladders and get the coins.

Step 2: Complete the Missions

Players that fall in slots with missions will have to finish at least one of them to get the rewards and continue rolling more dice. Completing the missions will also provide players with 100 Aeos Tickets. You can press the button in the bottom right corner of the screen for details about the missions.

You can also speed up the process by spending 20 Aeos Gems to automatically finish the missions.

Landing on a Lucky Square will grant you a boost to advance in between 1 and 3 squares. So, if you play your rolls correctly, you could get those rewards in no time.

Step 3: Climb those ladders

Once you reach each intersection on the map, you will face a ladder. You can reach for a specific ladder to keep going, claiming Cave Coins, which you will eventually need to exchange for the Mewtwo X license in the Exchange Shop.

There’s always a 35% chance to get 15 coins from a ladder, and a 65 % chance to get only 10 coins. So it all comes down to how lucky you are.

Ladder Crystal Cave Challenge
Tencent/The Pokemon Company

Choosing one of the Ladders has a random chance to yield 10 or 15 coins.

Pokemon Unite Crystal Cave Challenge Mewtwo Rewards

The Pokemon Unite Exchange Shop tied to the event offers a wide arrange of rewards for you to exchange for the coins you earn in the Crystal Cave Challenge. Of course, the Mega Mewtwo X License would be the top-tier prize for all players. Here’s a detailed list of what rewards are available in the Exchange Shop and their cost.

Rewards Coins Needed Exchange Limit
Mega Mewtwo X License 100 1
Background 10 1
Frame 5 1
7-Day Aeos Coin Boost Card 1 1
3-Day Aeos Coin Boost Card 1 1
7-Day Battle Point Boost Card 1 1
3-Day Battle Point Boost Card 1 1
Item Enhancer x5 1 No Limit
Aeos Ticket x30 1 No Limit

Pokemon Unite Mewtwo Mega-Evolution abilities

Overall, Mewtwo has great durability, damage, and mobility. The Pokemon has a lot of combo moves worth every good team build and has a great passive called Pressure, which improves its stats even further. Its only weak spot would be the disable status effects (throw downs, stuns, paralyze).

When it reaches Mega Mewtwo X form, it gains even more power, damage, and durability, which makes it a great front-line attacker but also has a lot of mobility buffs that make it playable as a speedster.

Mewtwo Mega Mewtwo X
Tencent/The Pokemon Company

Mega Mewtwo X will be the first Mewtwo Mega Evolution available in Pokemon Unite.

It has a build of 6 abilities from which you can choose from. Here’s a rundown on Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo X’s abilities and their effects.

Slot 1 / R Abilities

Confusion Shoots a targeted psychic beam at a Pokemon enemy, damaging it and rendering it unable to act for a brief period of time. -Damage: 510-605,
-Cooldown 6 seconds.
Future Sight Pulls the enemy Pokemon Towards Mewtwo, locks it down, slows it, and damages it. The more time you hold the enemy on lock, the more damage it does. -Damage: 287-508 max target damage + 287-508 max Lock Damage
-Cooldown: 7.5 seconds
Psystrike Targets an enemy Pokemon, directs a damaging wave at it, and decreases its movement speed. While channeling, Mewtwo has reduced incoming damage. Upon ending the channeling, it releases a damaging wave that hurts the target Pokemon and surrounding enemy Pokemon. -Damage: 2014 to 3404 max
-Cooldown: 6 seconds

Slot 2 / ZR Abilities

Barrier Shields Mewtwo for a small amount of barrier damage and grants it increased move speed. Cooldown: 8 seconds
Recover Shields Mewtwo for a brief period, increases its movement speed, and recovers HP based on damage taken from opponents during effect, when shield breaks, all cooldowns are reduced significantly. Cooldown: 8 seconds
Teleport Mewtwo teleports to the designated location. For a brief time, buffs speed and damage dealt, and its basic attacks increase the Mega Gauge. Cooldown: 6 seconds

Unite Move (ZL) / Passive

Infinite Psyburn Blasts the area with a powerful burst of psychic energy, dealing damage at the point of impact and decreasing the defense of affected Pokemon in the area. After using its Unite Move, Mewtwo gains additional cooldown reduction, movement speed, and overshield build. -Total Damage 1425-1976
-Cooldown: 112 Seconds
Passive Ability: Pressure When Mewtwo deals damage with a basic attack, the Mega Gauge increases. As the mega Gauge fills, Attack, Defense, and Sp. Defense increases. After reaching Level 5, filling the Mega Gauge will cause Mewtwo to Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo X, increasing its overall stats for a set amount of time before returning to its original form. No Cooldown

Those are Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo X abilities for Pokemon United. We will update you with more info as it is released. If you are looking for more Pokemon content and guides, you can also check:

Best Pokemon Unite Speedsters: Builds, movesets, more | Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule | How to heal Pokemon in Pokemon Go | How many Pokemon are there? | Best Pokemon for PvP battles in Pokemon Go | How to get revives in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Go best attackers ranked | How to get Master Ball in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | How to beat Rillaboom Tera Raid in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Tips & best counters for 7-Star event

Original Article